Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

18 Dreams

I recently read a blog post asking how life is different than you expected it to be when you were 18. (at mothersugar.wordpress.com)

Well, I sat and thought about that for awhile. And here is what I discovered.

My dream at 18, headed to college, was to grow up to be a teacher. I wanted to marry a farmer, but not have any kids, and live near my family.

Hmm, much of that sounds oddly like my life today! I did grow up to be a teacher (though I'm working as a librarian now). I married a small-town boy (and although he is certainly not a farmer, we live in the country). I have two amazing children, and can't imagine life without them. And I live near my husband's family -- still near "family", just not "mine".

My life certainly isn't fairytale perfect, but it's real and it's mine. That's more than I could have ever dreamed when I was 18!

















For a fun read about family (and an odd farm) pick up Dither Farm by Sid Hite. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment