Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Holiday Rush

The rush of December is upon us. It seems that there is no rest until the new year begins. Each day is full -- rushing to and fro from one busy event to the next.

This weekend, we're having our second family Christmas celebration. Two down, two to go. We've also had several Christmas plays and programs, as well as basketball games and dance practices/recital.

With all the busy-ness, we haven't finished our shopping. We're just taking things one event at a time. Therefore, we have finished shopping for the kids' gift exchange taking place tomorrow. We have NOT, however, finished shopping for this weekend. Or any of the future Christmas events. Procrastinating? Not really. We just haven't had the time.

Somehow, it will all be accomplished. It will! And then we can slow down and breathe -- but not until after the 28th.

If I had time to read, I would curl up with a good book. Guess I will have to do that after the 28th. When I have time, I think I'll read Stealing Air by Trent Reedy. It just came in at my library, and looks interesting.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment