Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

#ootd Day 1

In my research (on Pinterest, Stitch Fix, and other fun internet places), I learned this fabulous hashtag: #ootd. "Outfit of the Day".

So, to show my progress in my Be a Professional journey, I thought I'd post my very first #ootd. This is Spring Day 1, from Sunday, March 23. I chose to wear my Little Black Dress (lbd in fashion lingo). Then I put the aqua shrug and coordinating earrings with it. I also wore my fabulous black heels.



To make this outfit possible, I obviously learned about needing a lbd. I also learned about this season's colors (aqua and coral, which I hope to share with you later). I also learned that I have a favorite neutral -- and that EVERYONE has a favorite neutral. Who knew?! My personal favorite neutral is grey, so I plan to add more to my wardrobe as time and money allows. It was hard finding the perfect lbd, and I don't think this one is quite "it", since it's a little shorter than I'd like. The work continues!

I did have so much fun shopping! My daughter's bff, sometimes called my "other daughter", went shopping with us, and she took some hilarious pics of me while I was "modeling" some of the outfits. If I get brave, I'll share those too.

When I was working on this post, a great song kept running through my head. It's called "Day 1" by Matthew West. So inspirational, and fitting for my new adventure:

"Day one of the rest of my life,
Day one of the best of my life,
I'm marching to the beat of a brand new drum,
Here I come,
The future has begun,
Day one."

Beginning something new? Need inspiration? I recommend listening to Matthew West's "Day 1" and reading "Ordinary: How to Turn the World Upside Down" by Tony Merida. Make a new beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment