Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Nighttime Reading

So, the kids and I read aloud together every evening. It started when they were little, with easy picture books (I think we wore out Jaxom's favorite, Are You My Mother?). But now, we read nice, thick books that I really enjoy myself!


Right now, we're working on a really cool series called Kingdom Keepers, by Ridley Pearson. The stories are set in Walt Disney World, which after our trip sounded like a fabulous series to read together! We are now on book three, and the kids love them!

The stories are full of adventure (like getting chased by audio-animatronic pirates and Stitch) and lots of scenes from all over the Disney parks. They are also pretty high-tech -- this third book has an icon which connects with a webcam online to show you a map, games, etc. (www.kingdomkeepers.com)

In my Advanced Adolescent Lit class (part of my journey toward my library masters degree), we studied about the Golum in Jewish tradition and lore. Imagine how cool it was to see parts of this legend at work in Kingdom Keepers!

Yep, you gotta read this series to understand.

Recommended Reading:
Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment