Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Design Therapy

I love watching HGTV. And now, I'm pretty sure my daughter is also hooked!

The premiere of the new season of Design Star was last night, so we spent this morning enjoying the show on hgtv.com, as well as the "extras".

You know, the extras: behind the scenes, expert advice, the whining, and of course, the sneak peak of next week's episode! (Which is the white box, by the way -- my favorite of each season.)

Then, we discovered a cool extension -- HGTV Color Schemes and Paint!

We started with the really cool Style Quiz at http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/hgtv-home-by-sherwin-williams/quiz/


I think it's pretty accurate, considering it nailed me, my daughter, and my son. (I'm "Global Spice", daughter is "Color Pizazz", and son is "Rustic Refined".) Even the names are fun! The kids had fun looking through the color combinations, seeing if they could find the color styles that matched other people we know, like Aunt Teri ("Coastal Cool") or cousin Heidi ("Traditional Twist").

There is also a cool section where you can "Picture it before you paint it" -- click on the colors you like, and use coordinating colors to decorate sample rooms!

My book suggestion for the day is Apartment Therapy by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan. This amazing book was given to me several years ago, and works really well for people with small houses as well as city apartments. It takes you step-by-step through your living space to take you from hating your home to loving it! Apartment Therapy has a website, too, with lots of blogs and shopping. Great book, and great website!




No comments:

Post a Comment