Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Author Discovery

Sometimes it happens when you least expect it ... that discovery of an author. Maybe you've just picked up a book because of the cover. Maybe someone has recommended a title. Maybe it just arrived across your desk, and you were bored so you picked it up.

However it happens, you find yourself devouring the book. Then looking for another by the same author. Then scanning online for a list of all the books by that author. And reading as many of them as possible. You find yourself waiting anxiously for the author to write a new book so you can read it as soon as it hits the shelves.

This scenario has happened to me many times before, and yet I'm always amazed at the process.

Today, it's been about Sarah Dessen, author of many chick-lit teen titles. I have enjoyed all of her books, but haven't read any of them in awhile. Today, I picked up What Happened to Goodbye, and I can't put it down. I'd forgotten how much I loved her books. I now remember why teen girls love her novels so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment