Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Noisy Library?

Actually, my library is a lively place. If you walk in expecting to hear a pin drop, you'll be highly alarmed.

I think a bustling library is a sign of a useful library. Is it quiet in here? Not if it's being used!

The elementary library is a good example. Especially during last period. During last period, I teach a class of 4th graders for Library Skills. Also, during this same time, I have 2nd graders coming in and out doing AR tests and checking out books. Often, the herd of 1st graders come through to check out books during this last hour of the day, too. And on really busy days, I will sometimes have the 5th & 6th come in for books, and the Kindergarten if they were running late. No, it's not quiet. It's busy. That's how I like it!

Sometimes the high school library is WAY too quiet. That's because it's not being used. Today, I'm enjoying the noise. 8th graders have been in to type essays, and now I'm hosting a group of students who have discovered the high school iPads and the learning games. Nope, not quiet, but that's all right with me.

Although the clucking chickens on Chicktionary are a bit much.












Reading suggestion for today: with thoughts on the farm (inspired by the never-ending chickens mentioned above) try the Dairy Queen series by Catherine Gilbert Murdock.



No comments:

Post a Comment