Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

To Excite...

This morning is an example of why I truly LOVE my job!

A very excited young lady just bounced into the library to say that the book she checked out yesterday is "amazing"! Then she proceeded to ask me questions about it, and she continued to rave about it. And THEN she says, "I'm only 3/4 of the way into it!"

Yep, that's what I needed to hear first thing this morning. :)

I absolutely LOVE getting to recommend books to students. And I love it even more when they come back LOVING the book.

Perhaps the best part of my job is getting to pass along my enthusiasm, my excitement, my LOVE of books! I really enjoy seeing students come in to ask for a book the SECOND time, knowing I can help them find something they'll enjoy.

Why do I LOVE my job? My work is never done! :)

Oh, by the way, the exciting book she was reading? Au revior, crazy European chick by Joe Schreiber!

No comments:

Post a Comment