Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Balancing Act

Working and having kids is a balancing act. Often, I wish for more time to spend with my kids, just being their mom and enjoying the precious time I have with them while they're still little. (Or somewhat little.)

Today was a good example of that balancing act. We had the day off from school, but I had many tasks I needed to accomplish at the elementary library, things that had to get done today or I would be even farther behind. And yet, today was a such a beautiful day, it just BEGGED for an Adventure with Mom!

So... we compromised. PaPa took the kids and me out to breakfast this morning! (Yay, special treat!) Then, while I worked in the library, they played outside. They love the playground, especially since it is close to home and my work. When they eventually got cold, they came inside and helped me with my work. When I got tired, we went home for a spell and enjoyed playing computer games and PS3. After lunch together, we went back to the library and worked some more. And the kids got to play on the school computers a bit.
I am not completely caught up on my work. (However, I think being "caught up" is just a figment of my imagination, not a true goal to reach.) But I got to spend some of the day with my kiddos, which is really what a day off should be about! Especially when the weather is lovely and the kids are getting along so well.

What series am I reading with my kids at night now that we finished Lightning Thief? The 39 clues series!



We are starting #11 tonight: Medusa Plot. Can't wait! Love that mom + kids time!

No comments:

Post a Comment