Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rainy Day

I had forgotten how much I love rainy days.



Perhaps it's because we had such a dry summer and autumn. Or perhaps it's because we've had so few days of any kind of precipitation this winter. Whatever the case, I totally enjoyed listening to the rain last night. And it was amazing to wake up to grey skies this morning! I hope it will continue to rain all day! Even the puddles are making me cheerful this morning!

Here is a series of books perfect for enjoying on a rainy day. Jane Smiley's Horse series: The Georges and the Jewels; A Good Horse; and True Blue.

I love the teen main character, and the fact that the author isn't shy about her faith. Great stories! I'm reading True Blue right now, and it seems to fit in well with my morning so far.

"Usually, when you wake up and the day is already sunny, especially after a big rainstorm, you can't help feeling fresh and happy..." Abby Lovitt from True Blue by Jane Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment