Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Homecoming Spirit Week

This week is basketball homecoming week. Our school is BIG into homecoming activities. We have special "dress-up" themes each day. For example, tomorrow is "camo day", when everyone is going to wear camouflage.


Today's theme was my favorite: "Fake an Injury" Day! Lots of kids have used braces, crutches, bandages, and painted bruises. My daughter and I got really creative! I have a broken heart -- two red heart pieces pinned to my sweater and glitter-glue tears on my face.

My daughter's idea for a fake injury is even more creative. She is wearing a big fuzzy white sweater, fuzzy bear slippers, and we painted three long red "gashes" on her face. Then, we pinned a sign to her jacket -- "Polar Bear: 0".

Spirit Days are so much fun! To me, it doesn't really matter if our teams win or lose. We have had fun celebrating our school spirit nonetheless.

A great book for middle grade kids about friendship and learning more about your community:
The Visconti House by Elsbeth Edgar.

No comments:

Post a Comment