Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Missing Mammaw

Today, our family celebrates the birth and life of an extraordinary woman. She was more than just a mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother. She was head cheerleader, principle planner of all things, and encourager (even when she sounded rough).

We miss her. Many days, I still think, I wish I could tell her... She would be so proud of her son, what he has accomplished in his career. She would be beaming at my "almost" finished masters degree. She would hug the kiddos and love watching them blossom and grow into amazing preteens.

So, today we remember Mammaw. My daughter started the tradition of picking up daisies at the flower shop (MUST be real flowers, she insists) and balloons. The flowers we leave on the headstone, the balloons we release to send to Mammaw.


I believe she is smiling down on us from Heaven today, and watching us with love. Lord, help us to make it through the day!!

The Remembering Box by Eth Clifford

No comments:

Post a Comment