Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Recovery

Yesterday, I had surgery. Not major surgery, just an outpatient procedure. Today, I'm recovering.

Even though I have a really low pain tolerance, I always think I'm going to just "feel fine" the next day. I don't know why I think this. It doesn't make any sense, given that I've always had a low threshold for pain of any kind. I guess I just think I should be fine after surgery.

Well, it doesn't work that way. Most frustrating are all the things that are not getting done while I am stuck in bed! Two birthday parties today, for example. So dad is stuck running kids to parties, and I get to go to none. Sigh. And attending church tomorrow is out, too.

Thankfully, I stocked up on library books on Thursday! Somehow, I've ended up with not one but two murder mysteries about ladies that knit! And they aren't old grannies that solve mysteries... Weird. Two very different authors, and different takes on the stories. But how odd that the heroines of each book should have knitting in common!

Is knitting really that popular?

No comments:

Post a Comment