Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Social Media

Today, at home with both kids who are sick, I have been exploring Social Media.

For many people, tweeting and facebooking are key components of their day. I admit, I'm learning more about facebook everyday, and love it! However, I am new to twitter, and I am slow at using Google+. I don't have a pinterest account, although I love going there to browse.

Today, since I have the time, I'm exploring. I started with my facebook. Then I browsed my tweets, clicking on lots of different things. I also follow several different blogs, so I spent time today clicking through blog posts.

The neatest thing was discovering that I can LINK my social media together! For example, if I find something on a blog that I like, I can tweet it out. If I find something on facebook I like, I can +1 it onto my Google+. Fun!

Yesterday, I spent the day reading. The book I finished yesterday was The Wild Ways,
and it (like social media) connected lots of aspects of things I enjoy. It is primarily a modern adventure story, but it incorporates magic, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, country music, Celtic tradition, saving the seals, family relationships, and soooo much more! Did I mention the teenage boy in the novel (typical teen) is also a dragon? Heeheehee.

Enjoy your combination explorations! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment