Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dedicated to Mothers


I am dedicating this blog entry to my mom & mom-in-law. I miss both of them so much! It has officially been a year since we lost Cheryl, and nearly 10 now since we lost my mom. Even though time has passed, sometimes the wound still seems fresh. Sometimes, I think, "I wish I could tell mom..." or "Cheryl would be so proud..." Like the fact that I'm actually going back to get my master's degree. They would both be so proud of me, and Cheryl would be wondering why it has taken me so long!

I commented today on my facebook about it, but I just wanted to express how thankful I am to have "sisters". I have certainly been blessed with my four fabulous sisters-in-law! When God gave me sisters, he gave me friends!!

I am also so fortunate to have both of my grandmothers still; we also had both of Travis' grandmothers until just recently. That is a wound that is still sore.

It is so hard to lose those who are so precious! I know, I understand, that life goes on. But sometimes it is just hard to imagine life without them. And how my life is different because I don't have them anymore.

Comforting Reading:
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

No comments:

Post a Comment