Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wasps and Weddings


Rachyl and I attended the wedding of our dear friend, Allie Reed, on Saturday. It was held at the Jesse James Visitor Center in Cement. The wedding was lovely, the building historic, the marriage epic.

The wasp that stung me, however -- not so great. I had just put my arm around Rachyl, and the wasp was sitting on the back of her chair. It got me good! We didn't stay for the reception, but we did stay for the wedding ceremony. Glad we got to stay that long.

The situation with the sting just got worse, as the swelling, redness, etc. continued to spread over my entire forearm. Yesterday, Travis took me to the doctor, where I got some medication and a shot (NOT my favorite thing in the whole world).

Next time, please do NOT invite wasps to the wedding.

Recommended Reading:
Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George (because there are NO wasps in the story)

No comments:

Post a Comment