Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Internet Coolness

I just found the coolest site on the internet!! No kidding! It's called "Human Calendar", and it changes all the time. It uses individual boxes of photos of people holding little cards that indicate the date. And it moves all the time. Amazing technology! Super coolness!


http://www.humancalendar.com/

I also found another really cool site. It's "Literature Map". You type in the name of an author you like, and the screen swirls around (cool effect, by the way), and leaves you with names of similar authors you might like. What a neat way to find an author to try next time you visit the library!


http://www.literature-map.com/

I just love the internet sometimes! (Don't like it when it isn't working, but that's another story for another time...) I've found some of the coolest sites, just by accident. The lit map I found doing a search for my grad class, looking for technology related to libraries. The human calendar I found today just flipping through random blogs -- which is also a fun thing to do!

A great series combining lots of things I love (fairy tales, technology, mysteries, and family) is the Artemis Fowl series. Great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment