Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Shopping


I took the kids to shop for each other (and for mom and dad) today. It's one of the special moments I love about Christmas! I love watching their thought processes. Hmm, what can I get for my sibling that s/he will absolutely love? Each one went with me individually while the other waited in electronics. They each had a good idea what they wanted to get for the other, but it was fun to watch them search for just the right thing. Then, they had to make a big production out of hiding their gift from each other. No peeking!

The most fun part about shopping today was taking them into my favorite store to shop for me! I went to the store next door while they went in with their own money to scout out and shop for the "perfect" gift. I popped back in a few minutes later, and mentioned to the sales clerk what those two ten-year-olds were up to, wandering around the store. She went to offer them some assistance, and they were really impressed by how helpful she was. They were totally convinced that they knew her (they didn't) and that they got a special discount just because she liked them (they didn't). Can't wait to see what they bought for me! And it will be fun to watch their dad open his gift too.

A fun read for fans of Sherlock Holmes and Jack Sparrow -- Pirate King by Laurie R. King.

No comments:

Post a Comment