Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Basketball Season

Well, folks, it's officially basketball season again. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE watching basketball! I try to get to as many high school games as possible, usually a junior high game or two, and now elementary games as well since I have a couple players myself! Of course, I'm addicted to NCAA basketball and can't wait for the March Madness season.

However, I'm nauseated watching all the hubbub surrounding the NBA. I will never understand why an industry that makes so much in revenue can't get their acts together to START THE SEASON ALREADY! Besides, our little town is impatiently waiting to see one of our own as a Thunder Girl!

Having had that little rant, I feel better, thank you. I have been enjoying watching my 5th-grader play. She has improved so much since last year, since being aggressive on the court is not exactly her personality. Especially on defense. It cracks me up when she "gets tough". :)


A little basketball reading suggestion -- Mike Lupica's Miracle on 49th Street!

No comments:

Post a Comment