Books

A book is a friend for life. The words stay with you, even when you put the book down.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mornings and Joy

Let me tell you, I am NOT a morning person. I especially love autumn mornings, crisp and cool and perfect for snuggling back into the covers with a good book.

But Sunday morning was a different story this week. I woke up, glad to see the sunshine. I thought happy thoughts all morning -- until a friend spoke an unkind word (though I don't think she thought about it). I felt like all the happiness was being sucked right out of me. But another friend, who had happened to be there, said some very profound words to me:

"Don't let anyone steal your joy!"

That helped so much. And, you know, it's true. The way I feel should not be changed by someone else. It's up to me to keep that good attitude or have a sunny day drowned by clouds. I'm determined -- no one is going to steal my joy today!!


Fun, joyful books today -- Toys Go Out and Toy Dance Party by Emily Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment